This policy covers Bake That Cake Pty Ltd ABN 62 637 502 455 and its related bodies corporate ('Cake Equity', 'we' or 'us').
We understand how important it is to protect your personal information. This policy our commitment in respect of personal information we hold about you and what we do with that information. These principles govern how we can collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information, as well as ensuring the quality and security of your personal information.
If you would like more information about how we protect your privacy, please contact us.
Cake Equity's commitment
Cake Equity is committed to maintaining the privacy of individuals whose personal information we collect.
Personal information we collect
Cake Equity collects personal information about security holders, subscribers and each of their representatives which may include:
- General personal or business details such as your name, phone number, address, email address and date of birth;
- Your financial information such as billing address, bank account details, shareholdings and details of investments and tax file number and other government-issued identification numbers;
- personal information (including sensitive information) that may be relevant to legal advice you have asked us to provide to you; and
- IP address (when you use our website).
How personal information is collected
We may collect your personal information about you through the following sources:
- You inquire about, or instruct us to provide you (or your representative) with, services that we offer;
- You subscribe to one of our online services, newsletters, mailing lists or our website;
- We have other business dealings with you (e.g. as a regulator, a shareholder of an entity we provide services to, a supplier or in relation to a transaction);
- An entity of which you are a shareholder, director, employee or contractor retains us to provide services;
- In written form i.e. shareholder forms and/or written letters, emails sent by you or your representatives (for example: your advisers, accountant etc);
- Electronically i.e. by accessing our website by you or your representatives (for example: your advisers, accountant etc); and verbally.
When you visit a website hosted by Cake Equity we may set a 'cookie' on your machine (this is a small piece of system information stored on your hard drive) so when you next visit our site it links to your personal information that is stored on our system. If you do not wish us to use a cookie you can set your browser so it will not accept them.
We will take steps to ensure that personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you think that we hold information about you that is incorrect in any way, please update that information via our website or contact us.
Why Cake Equity collects information
Cake Equity collects personal information about you so that Cake Equity can facilitate the efficient provision of its services. For example:
- To verify your identity;
- Liaise on your behalf with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) and the Australian Tax Office (ATO);
- Enable us to establish and administer our products and services;
- Provide you with, monitor, and develop our website services;
- To deal with any enquiries or communications with you or any agency or representative;
- Provide important information about your security holding to your email;
- To inform you of the products and services offered by Cake Equity;
- To perform other functions such as system development, staff training, surveys and research;
- To prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or suspected fraud or crime); and
- As required by law (for example, ATO reporting),
and for any other purpose related to or ancillary to any of the above.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to the following organisations:
- compliance consultants;
- contractors or temporary staff to handle workloads during peak periods;
- your professional advisers;
- information technology service providers; and
- government and regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law.
Our representatives and the outsourcing companies/contractors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
The Corporations Act 2001 has provided the Australian Securities and Investments Commission with the authority to inspect certain personal information that is kept on our files about you.
We take our obligations to protect your information seriously including when we operate throughout Australia and overseas. As part of our operations some uses and disclosures of your information may occur outside your State or Territory and/or outside of Australia.
We will only disclose your personal information to a third party to provide you with a service that you requested or the services offered by the issuer of securities.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
We have partnered with several trusted partners to provide digital services including IT, marketing and communication services that may be performed overseas and as a result your personal information may be disclosed to a recipient in a foreign country.
While it is not reasonably practicable to list all of the countries to which your Personal Information may be disclosed from time to time, it is likely that such countries may include Portugal, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
The partners and providers limit their access to your personal information to the extent necessary to do their job.
Some of these partners may have data centres in other locations outside of Australia. For example, personal information that we have collected directly from you, your personnel or from other representatives of your company are stored on servers overseas. By providing your personal information to us, you consent to the transfer of that information to our third party partners who are located outside of Australia for that purpose.
Cake Equity may from time to time use your personal information for the purpose of marketing its products and services offered by us or by the issuer of your securities. We may send you marketing material through post, email and SMS.
If you would like to update your communication preferences or opt-out of receiving marketing material from us or for any of your security holdings maintained by us, please contact us.
Access & correction to information collected
You can request to access your personal information we hold at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or telephone us on +61 7 3608 5263. Depending on the volume or difficulty in obtaining the information, we may charge a fee that covers our costs.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information, and we will set out the reasons for this. An example of this would be where the information related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request was vexatious. We will contact you within a reasonable timeframe to provide the outcome of our investigation.
You may also request to correct any of your personal information we hold if it is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on +61 7 3608 5263. We will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Depending on the request we may update your personal information immediately, or we may provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal or credit information within 30 days from your initial request.
We may have to consult with external entities as part of your request to access or correct your personal information.
Using government related identifiers
If we collect government related identifiers, such as your Drivers Licence Number or Tax File Number, we do not use or disclose this information other than to the extent required by law. For instance, we will never adopt your Tax File Number as your account number to identify you.
Security and storage of information
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information by storing it in a secure environment, and when the information is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed, it will be destroyed or permanently de-identified. We store your personal information in electronic form. We will also take reasonable steps to protect any personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this by:
- installing security and access requirements for all our IT systems, such as passwords, firewalls and virus scanning software;
- having document storage and destruction policies;
- only providing you your personal information where we are satisfied as to your identity; and
- encrypting data and other personal information during internet transactions (if any).
Personal information collected by Cake Equity may be accessed by our officers, employees, agents and delegates.
Visiting our website
When visiting this website, a record of your visit is logged and information is automatically recorded for statistical purposes to enable us to improve this site and our services. This information may identify you personally and Cake Equity may track information about individuals and their visits.
Links to other websites
How you can help protect your privacy
You can help protect your privacy by:
- contacting us immediately when you change/update your contact details, such as your mailing/postal or registered address. If your security holding is broker sponsored, you need to contact that broker to update your registered name or address; and
- keeping your login credentials such as username and password confidential.
How to contact us about privacy
The Privacy Officer
5/2 Philippine Parade
Palm Beach QLD 4221
+61 7 3608 5263
If you wish to make a complaint to Cake Equity about our handling of your personal information, please contact Cake Equity's Privacy Officer in writing by sending an email to email@example.com or telephone us on +61 7 3608 5263.
You are also able to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992