Face to face with investors
To Ignite Dreams and Fuel Innovation, we at Tech Coast Angels are determined to forge a better world through vibrant SoCal startup ecosystems. Your journey matters to us and this informal setting is the ideal conduit for exchanging ideas and insights.– let's meet, learn, and inspire.
September 27th, 2023, 5:00 pm - 233 Pereira Drive, Irvine, CA 92697
4:00 pm- 5:00 pm: Check-in
5:00 pm - 5:05 pm: Opening Remarks
5:05 pm - 6:00 pm - Pitch to the VCs and Angels and Check
Pitch to the investors how your groundbreaking concept has the potential to contribute to a better world. Gain entry to the esteemed 'Breakfast with Tech Coast Angels' and secure a private funding discussion with the investors. Be ready to share your company's valuation with the judges for feedback, following the engaging 'Price is Right' format *. We'll ensure an enjoyable experience packed with valuable insights.
Moderator: Scott Fox - Orange County Startup Council, CEO
- Lisa Walker Tech Coast Angels OC President
- Jeff Bocan Okapi Venture Capital, Partner
- JC Ruffalo The Cove Fund
- Robin Pimentel, K5 Ventures
**(Submit a one-minute video pitch HERE to qualify to pitch)
6:00 pm- 7:00 pm In-person Breakout rooms for “ Face to face with investors”
- 4 rooms (Software & Consumer Products, AI and Automation, Diverse Founders, Sustainability & Hardware)
- Format: Each entrepreneur has 2 minutes to pitch or ask questions, then 3 minutes for investors to comment and answer. (no slides)
- A round table casual discussion setting, take your idea to the next level and make it fun.
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Pizza and Networking
Investors included: Amir Banifatemi, Andy Shama, Costin Tuculescu, Cary Dickson, David Friedman, Glenn Rogers, Hans Imhof, JC Ruffalo, Jeff Bocan, Jeff Curie, JJ Richa, Kal Kalimada, Lisa Walker, Med Armani, Ora Villalobos, Pat Hwang, Quan Nguyen, Ray Chan, Robin Pimentel, Ryan Lank, Scott Fox, Sima Ghafari, Stephan Erkelens, Thomas Lee, Volker Huther, and more!
*Parking at: 4502 Campus Dr, Irvine, CA 92617 (Here)
*Map from the parking structure to the UCI ANTpreneur Center (Here)
host: Ray Chan
* Note: Investors often have a different perspective from entrepreneurs on what is a reasonable valuation for an early-stage startup. The Price Is Right segment of Face-to-Face with Investors is intended to further open discussion of valuations and the factors that investors take into account.