How do you prepare for a capital raise? What documents do you need? And how long will a capital raise take?
Just because there are a few steps involved, it does not mean it needs to be hard. If you prepare early and take all the right steps, it can really improve investor confidence and overall outcome.
We’ve set out the main steps required and major issues to consider when preparing for a raise:
- Share registry cleanups
- Employee Option Pools
- Clarifying the commercial intention for the raise
- Preparing a Terms Sheet (if necessary)
- Creating or amending the Shareholders Agreement
- Obtaining the required board and member approvals
- Executing the raise properly
If you want to take your learning further, check our our full Capital Raising Toolkit